Featured Post

Food from a Kit - It's What's for Dinner

If you're like me, your Facebook feed and Pinterest are filled with sponsored ads from any number of meal kit sites with offers of ...

Monday, September 5, 2016

Unboxing Blue Apron

I was actually home when my Blue Apron box arrived.  I brought it in off the porch and got ready to crack it open.  One side was a little smashed, but everything inside turned out to be okay, so that was just fine.










Once the box is open, inside is a large cooling package, which contained all the food and several cool packs.




 All the ingredients for all three meals are jumbled together in the box.  There's no color coding system to let you know which ingredients belong to which meal.  Instead, you have to pull out the recipe and check through all the ingredients to make sure you have everything you need.


There are paper bags with some of the ingredients, labeled for the recipes, too.  I ended up putting everything into a drawer in the fridge and put the meats in the freezer.  I knew it would be a couple days before I got to cooking these meals.

The pic below shows everything for the three meals laid out on the table.  The box also included recipe cards for Seared Salmon & Sauce Gribiche, Porchetta-Style Sandwiches and Chicken & Fresh Basil Fettuccine and an info card all about capers, which was interesting, but I didn't have any capers in this box, so I didn't get to test any of the tastes mentioned on the sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment