Featured Post

Food from a Kit - It's What's for Dinner

If you're like me, your Facebook feed and Pinterest are filled with sponsored ads from any number of meal kit sites with offers of ...

Monday, September 5, 2016

Going Organic with Green Chef

 The first thing you notice when opening the Green Chef box is that the packing material is totally different than the other boxes that are out there.  Everything is packed inside a jute material that keeps the whole box cold.

Full disclosure, these pictures are not from my first Green Chef delivery.  I received my first one before I started blogging about the meal kit experiences.

When I opened my first box, what seemed like a million ants crawled out of the jute material all over my kitchen.  They didn't seem to get on any of the food, just in the jute material.  So I cleaned them up and called Green Chef.  They offered me a second box (seen here) for 50% off.  This time, no ants.

Another difference between Green Chef and some of the other boxes, all the ingredients for all the meals are piled together in the box.  They're each labeled with a color coded sticker, so that you know which ingredients go with which meal.  I prefer everything being boxed or bagged together, so when I start a meal, I know that I have all the ingredients pulled together.

The picture below, shows three meals worth of ingredients, all laid out on my dinner table.  On the right are the recipe cards, which are also color coded to match the stickers on the foods.  That's everything I'll need to make Mediterranean Tuna Burgers,  Pesto Orzo Steaks and Apricot-Glazed Chicken.  Who's ready to dig in?




No comments:

Post a Comment