Featured Post

Food from a Kit - It's What's for Dinner

If you're like me, your Facebook feed and Pinterest are filled with sponsored ads from any number of meal kit sites with offers of ...

Friday, September 2, 2016

Chicken Adobo Tacos with Mexican Street Corn

As I said in my Spaghetti and Meatballs review, I love pasta and could have it every day.  The way I feel for pasta is how Jesse feels about tacos.  So I was happy that we could both have our favorites in two days. And a side of corn.. yum.  I can't wait to dig in to this meal.
You start with shucking the corn.  Easy enough.
Then on to the cabbage.  It comes already shredded, so you just toss that in a bowl with lime zest, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.  Mix it all together and put the bowl in the refrigerator until you're ready to top your tacos.
Moving on to the tacos.  You need to cook the chicken.  The photos on the recipe looked like the chicken was probably thighs, but ours came with breasts.  That was fine, I prefer white meat.  Sear the chicken in a pan for a few minutes first, then transfer it to a baking sheet to finish.  Only put the chicken on one side of the baking sheet because you'll put the corn on the other half.  Bake for about ten minutes.
While that cooks, start the adobo sauce.  Using the same pan that you seared the chicken in, combine the tomato sauce, half the adobo seasoning (more if you like it hotter) and water.  Simmer.
When the chicken is cooked through, you'll let it cool for a few minutes, then shred it with two forks and add it to the sauce.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm.  Then plate.  You'll have three tortillas per serving filled with chicken, topped with cabbage slaw and garnished with sour cream and lime zest. Place an ear of corn next to the tacos, top with more sour cream and sprinkle on the leftover adobo seasoning.  Serve with a wedge of lime.  Three tacos was more than enough for me.  And I discovered a new way to cook corn. I usually grill it, but roasting it in the over  worked just as well and was even simpler.   This meal was delicious.  I was ready to cook the Sherry Wine Demi-Glace Flat Iron Steak the next day.






No comments:

Post a Comment