Featured Post

Food from a Kit - It's What's for Dinner

If you're like me, your Facebook feed and Pinterest are filled with sponsored ads from any number of meal kit sites with offers of ...

Monday, September 5, 2016

Apricot-Glazed Chicken

The picture of this meal on the Green Chef recipe card looked so delicious that I couldn't wait to dive in to this meal.  Chicken and roasted potatoes... I'm so excited.

It's completely irrational, but something about multi-colored potatoes and heirloom tomatoes makes me feel like I'm eating something really fancy.

So I was feeling pretty dashing about this meal that had both.  First thing, quarter the fingerling potatoes and chop the rosemary.  Put the potatoes in a large bowl with some olive oil and add in most of the rosemary and the included spice blend.  Toss well and spread the potatoes on a prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.  


Then it's on to the chicken. Sear it in a hot skillet with some oil.   After you flip the chicken, rub some of the apricot glaze on top and put the whole thing in the oven to roast for about 18 minutes.

While the potatoes and chicken cook, make the salad.  Slice the radishes and quarter the tomatoes. Put them in a bowl with the arugula. Then dress it with the marinated corn.

That's my biggest complaint about Green Chef, so far.  Each meal has included a sauce or spice mix (in this case, three) that's pre-made.  I just prefer to make the sauces myself, so I know everything that's in it and could make it again, if I really love it.  And I did really love both of the sauces in this meal.

When you're ready to plate, fill half the plate with salad, pile up some potatoes and slice the chicken and add that, too.  Top the chicken with a little more of the apricot glaze and dig in!  I've had three really great meals with Green Chef, but now it's on to Blue Apron.















No comments:

Post a Comment