Featured Post

Food from a Kit - It's What's for Dinner

If you're like me, your Facebook feed and Pinterest are filled with sponsored ads from any number of meal kit sites with offers of ...

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Fresh Realm Unboxed

Ordering from Fresh Realm was different than all the others.  Instead of ordering a certain number of meals, you're free to choose as much or as little as you want from dozens of choices, including snacks and fruits.   I ended up ordering three meals and two snacks and scheduled my delivery for Saturday.
I received the email notification from Fed Ex on Thursday, alerting me that my order was on the way.
But Saturday morning, I got an email from Fresh Realm that the pork I ordered was out of stock, so they had refunded me the full $28 for that meal.   I was a little irritated that they hadn't notified me before they shipped, so I could choose something else.

The box arrived shortly after 11:00 Saturday morning.  And it was certainly different than the other kits as well.   First, you notice that it's not an ordinary box.  It has plastic latches on the front and handles on the sides.

The latches are sealed with a paper wrap, similar to the wristbands you get at a club or event to show you're over 21.  You break through those and unlatch the box.  Inside, we found an insulated case.  You pull the door off of that and see several drawers filled with the prepped ingredients, as well as some frozen packs.  Each ingredient is in its own clear plastic container. Something about the whole set up had a somewhat sterile, medical feel about it.


And it turns out, they did include all the ingredients for the Asian Pork and Asparagus that I ordered, except the pork.  So they mostly gave me a free meal, I just have to stop by the grocery store for a pork tenderloin.  I'll take that.





Check out how Fresh Realm stacks up against the other meal kits companies with my comparison chart.



No comments:

Post a Comment